Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Psalm on the Road

I've been on the road of late. God willing, there is a little down time on the horizon this weekend. A much needed respite to refresh and renew. The month has held pastoral and vocational challenges. Good ones and difficult ones but fruitful. I am so grateful to God for His sustenance. To borrow from Dallas Willard, we certainly live in a “God bathed world”- a world that He “fills and overflows".

Presently, I’m in the UK tending to a tradeshow and hiring a new Account Leader for the market. I’m away from my family, village friends, and fellowship. It will be tougher to be away as week 1 of the trek gives way to week 2; however, I am so happy to have friends here. They make the trip quite bearable- even enjoyable. It’s just not the same as embracing my wife and kids, worshipping, and connecting with the fellow sojourners that comprise my local church family. Nonetheless, I am happy to be in the Midlands and look forward to journeying North and South as the adventure progresses.

This morning found me in the Psalms. Likely written during (or at least about) the Babylonish captivity, the notes near the outset of Psalm 77 read as follows: - For the director of music. For Jeduthun. Of Asaph. A psalm.

Here’s a bit to read. You can follow the link to the entire Psalm from here.

Psalm 77

1 I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me.

2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord;
at night I stretched out untiring hands
and my soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered you, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint. (Selah)

4 You kept my eyes from closing;
I was too troubled to speak.

5 I thought about the former days,
the years of long ago;

6 I remembered my songs in the night.
My heart mused and my spirit inquired:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home