Friday, January 13, 2006

Plastic People and a Smiling Shepherd

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful." (Proverbs 15:13a NIV)

OK. I admit a moment of weakness; yet, the resulting chuckle was good for my spirit when a close friend sent this photo via email this week. (Slide Show Here)

It just so happened to arrive to my inbox right on the heels of a reasonably tough pastoral challenge in the life of our fellowship. (Things are working out fine; however, the progress is not without a bit of pain, humility, body life, and restoration.) Nonetheless, I must admit seeing the photos of a LEGO congregation sparked a thought....hmmm.... plastic people in a LEGO gathering place..now there's a church that's easy to pastor..

OK enough. Last I checked, easy isn't the objective. Presenting one another complete (mature) in Christ - that's the aim. So, humor aside, I continue to purpose to love my brothers, sisters and friends as Christ has loved me and all others. By God's grace, may we love one another ferventlyand for real.

"We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." (Paul, Col 1: 28-29, NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home