Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Was Jesus a Fatty?

"The only conclusion I can make from my experience is that Jesus must have been a fatty too."

OK. Calm down. Just take time to read. You may be surprised. Here’s an excerpt:
… as compared to the nice Christian ladies at Bible study, at Weight Watchers I found complete acceptance and unconditional love. Nobody chastized me for my Starbucks cup. Nobody cared what I wore. In fact, wearing the least amount of clothes possible and no makeup or hair products or nail polish was preferable. Anything that adds ounces to your weight was not encouraged.

At Weight Watchers, I found love and acceptance. No matter how badly you had screwed up, people were glad to see you, welcome you back and completely forgive you for anything you might have done wrong. Even if you were too afraid to join, weren’t ready to follow the program, and didn’t want to step on the scales of justice, you were still welcome. No matter how often you stumbled, people were there to pick you up (even if there was a lot of you to pick up).

Martin, Carrie S. "Jesus Was a Fatty." Geez, holy mischief in an age of fast faith Iwinter 2006 Issue 4 (9 Jan 2007). (http://www.geezmagazine.org/issue4/jesuswasafatty.html)
View the complete article
here.
See, not so bad. Moreover, the problem of “hard-to-get-along-with Christians” is not new. In recent generations, C.S. Lewis once said,
“We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with”.
But looking back to the scriptures, the Apostle Paul seemed to have his share of troubles with not-so-Christ-like Christians, as well.
I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. -Philippians 2:19-22, NIV

I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord. (Why? -because they were at odds! If you doubt it, read the context.) -Philippians 4:2, NIV
Please, if we are going to identify with Christ, let us seek to walk in a manner in keeping with His way. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home